- December 30, 2014
2015 is only a couple days away! Do you have any resolutions for the New Year? Don’t forget your vehicle’s maintenance on the resolution list. Vehicles that have routine scheduled maintenance done last longer, are safer and have few incurred costs over time than vehicles that are not services regularly.
At Bellingham Automotive we make it easy to maintain your vehicle. Our Service Department will advise you on when your vehicle is due for scheduled maintenance and your highly trained and trustworthy technicians will carry out your work complete with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.
Bellingham Automotive recommends creating a car maintenance checklist for the New Year. To start, get familiar with your owner’s manual or call us today at 360.676-5200 to have us help! Your owner’s manual will explain everything from tire pressure to major mechanical updates, which will allow you to budget in advance for repairs and maintenance such as your 30k, 60k or 90k services depending on your make and model of vehicle.
Don’t forget to add these five important items.
1. Schedule oil and air filter changes as recommended in your owner’s manual. Once you determine how often, stick to the plan. You can schedule appointments for oil changes and other service needs with our Service Department at 360-676-5200
2. Check your fluids every month. Mark a day on your calendar to make sure all of your fluids are topped off. This can save you from serious repairs in the long run. Fluid loss is a sign of trouble with your vehicle call our Service Department to schedule an inspection if you notice your vehicle is using oil or leaking fluids such as engine coolant or transmission fluid.
3. Check your tires regularly. Make sure your tires are inflated to the proper PSI, which you can find in the owner’s manual or on the side panel of the driver’s door. For equal wear, tires should be rotated every five to ten thousand miles. Bellingham Automotive partners with a local tire shop and can assure your vehicle’s tire needs are met.
4. Check your brakes and brake pads. Proper maintenance and replacement of your vehicle’s brake pads will keep your vehicle operating safely and cut down on maintenance costs that could be occur to your breaking system if the pads wear too much.
5. Wash your vehicle inside and out. Dirt, road salts and other debris can build up on your vehicle causing corrosion or rust so make sure to add car wash to your list of car maintenance.
Bellingham Automotive wishes you a happy and safe new year!